Skip to main content

Hello Friends!

Allow me to introduce myself! I am Mckenzie, I'm an executive assistant for an organization that serves individuals with I/DD as well as autism diagnosis. I continue to work directly with the individuals by doing overtime as a DPS. I won't forget my roots! I am a huge advocate for autism acceptance. In my spare time, I crochet and weave, as well as occasionally sew. And by all of that, I really mean I sit around and think about doing that while silently cursing my horrendous executive function. I also am an avid planner! I currently am using a Moleskin Storyboard Notebook as my planner, and it's pretty awesome! :D

 I am a mom to my son Miles, who is 9 years old. He is on a mission to eliminate all plastic bags from this world, as well as go green and save the world. Together, we enjoy the nerdier things of life, ranging from Pokémon to Studio Ghibli films. He also has an autism diagnosis, as well as dyspraxia, ADHD and sensory processing disorder. He is planning on writing articles on going green and his own experiences with autism to help bring awareness to his life.

There is also The Boyfriend. I must still consult with him if he wants his identity revealed in the world of blogging, or if he'll want to join in on this. But hey, he exists, he's pretty cool and he joins in with the fun Miles and I activities and enjoys Miles just as much as I do. He's into hoarding collecting board and card games!

We live in a tiny studio apartment, rocking the tiny living thing. Totally out of choice, yea. We'll go with that. Miles loved it at first, as he was obsessed with Tiny Houses. But, we're working on some organization in order to make it a little more accessible to everybody.

Speaking of everybody, we have 2 cats - Wil and Phoenix. Phoenix is a grumpy old man, clock in at 16 years now! Phoenix is a chunky 2 year old boy, clocking in at 16 pounds. He thinks he is a dog. And lastly, we have Harly. She's a Yorkshire Terrier that is the physical embodiment of anxiety.

Comments